Zero Tolerance and Rick Hinderer teamed up to build the new 0562 with its exclusive Hinderer "slicer" grind.
The ELMAX® powdered steel blade with flat-ground “slicer” grind provides both slicing efficiency and a tough point. ELMAX is a third-generation powdered steel with virtually no nonmetallic inclusions. This means it offers an extremely uniform distribution of carbides for high wear and corrosion resistance. Zero Tolerance sharpens it to a hair popping edge and the ELMAX ensures it holds that edge for a long time, even under hard use.
The knife opens with a flipper and moves out of the handle on our smooth KVT ball-bearing opening system. A washer with caged ball bearings surrounds the pivot and makes opening the knife nearly frictionless; just pull back on the flipper and add a roll of the wrist and the 0562 is ready for action.
The handle has a G10 textured scale in front and a stonewashed titanium back. For secure lock up during use, ZT uses a frame lock with hardened steel lockbar inserts and lockbar stabilization so the lock won't overextend.
The unique pocketclip is reversible (left/right) and enables extra-deep carry in the pocket.
Earlier production runs of this knife were made with ELMAX stainless steel blades. Current production uses CPM S35VN. Which blade steel your knife has depends on when it was made.
Production Years: 2014–2018
- Made in the USA
- KVT ball-bearing opening system
- Reversible deep-carry clip (left/right, tip-up)
- Frame lock, lockbar stabilizer
- Steel: ELMAX® or CPM S35VN, stonewashed finish
- Handle: Textured G10 front, stonewashed titanium back
- Blade Length: 3.5 in. (8.9 cm)
- Blade Thickness: 0.156 in. (0.396 cm)
- Closed Length: 4.8 in. (12.2 cm)
- Overall Length: 8.3 in. (21.1 cm)
- Weight: 5.6 oz. (159 g)