The Zero Tolerance 0450CF, designed by Dmitry Sinkevich, is one of ZT’s top-selling knives. But some knife users have been asking for a little more—a little more size, a little more handle curve, a little more carbon fiber, a little more Sinkevich. ZT's answer? The new 0460.
In size, it’s slightly larger than the 0450, but not as large as the 0452CF. The blade steel is S35VN for enhanced toughness and resistance to edge chipping with no loss of wear resistance. Rich in niobium, vanadium, and chromium carbides, it enables a sharp, long-lasting edge. For sharp looks, ZT gives the blade a two-tone finish: stonewashed on the flats and satin on the grinds.
Based on Dmitry’s Polychotky Jr., the 0460’s carbon-fiber-and-titanium handle has a pronounced ergonomic curve to fit into the hollow of the hand neatly. The front scale is bronze carbon fiber. This relatively recently developed composite material offers the benefits of carbon fiber, but with the ability to colorize the material as well—in the case of the 0460, the color is an attractive bronze. We partially 3D machined the front handle for dimensionality and grip as well.
The handle back is titanium with a titanium frame lock and hardened steel lockbar insert. A matte black anodized aluminum backspacer adds a handsome decorative touch. The pocketclip is left/right reversible and is black Teflon® coated.
- Made in the USA
- KVT ball-bearing manual opening system
- Single-position clip (right, tip-up)
- Titanium frame lock, hardened steel lockbar insert
- Steel: S35VN, stonewashed & machine satin finish
- Handle: Bronze carbon fiber composite front, stonewashed titanium back
- Blade Length: 3.25 in. (8.3 cm)
- Blade Thickness: 0.121 in. (0.307 cm)
- Closed Length: 4.4 in. (11.2 cm)
- Overall Length: 7.5 in. (19.1cm)
- Weight: 2.3 oz. (65.2 g)